Thursday, July 8, 2010

vacation success.

Neil & I are trying to stick to our word and go on as many vacations as we can our first year of marriage. So far we have been to Cancun, Connecticut, Boston, California and now Michigan.

Our latest trip to Michigan was much needed. We got to spend my favorite holiday with my favorite people, my family! We went for just under a week and did plenty. It was important for Neil & my dad that we made a trip to Detroit to check out downtown and see the new Tiger stadium, but I was able to see the UofM stadium in Ann Arbor so I am not complaining. We spent a day in German Town USA (Frakenmuth, MI), this town is very historic and so adorable; we shopped, went on a ferryboat, ate & enjoyed the flowers & German-esk atmosphere. A majority of time was spent in my dads hometown, Bay City, where my uncle has a house on the lake. We did a lot of boating, drinking, laughing and spending quality time with my rather large family. The best part was the fireworks on the 4th, if anyone is every looking for the best fireworks in the U.S., go to Bay City, MI. I loved spending 4th of July in the small town atmosphere.

The only bad part of the trip; the humidity. I would take dry heat over humidity ANYDAY.

Neil's dad & girlfriend will be visiting in Mid-September and we are thinking of planning a mini-trip for their visit. Then comes our one year wedding anniversary; vacation spot is up to Neil and I can not wait for this suprise! 

 Michigan photos




No comments:

Post a Comment